- One who has pleasing rays like thousands of Moon's
- One who has bestowed radiance to Moon.
- One who has pleasant rays.
- One who has granted brilliance to Gold.
- One whose innate qualities give pleasure.
Shri Madhwacharya has praised the Lord as having a face, which has the radiance of infinite number of Moons.
smareta yamininatha sahasramitkantimat
bhavatapano deedyam shripatermukhpankajam ||
Lord has manifested pleasant characteristics like a moon, specially in Ramavatara. Hence like moon Shri Rama is pleasing to look at. Sage Valmiki has thus described. (Valmiki Ramayana. Balakanda 1/12)
In reality Moon's radiance is materialistic, whereas Lord's radiance is spiritual. Since Lord's radiance is spiritual it is auspicious. Shri Madhwacharya has interpreted that Shri Rama pervades everywhere with this auspicious glow. Svaishvarya kanti pratatha....ramavataro harireesha chandramaha || (Mahabharatatatparyanirnaya 3/2).
Moon is being compared only to get acquainted with Lord's radiance
- Author : Vidwan Sri Sagri Raghavendra Upadhyaya
- Translation : Sri Vadiraja, Maisooru